Monday, January 10, 2011

The Long trip to Cali!


Goodness.. I can say this has been the longest time that I haven't been on here! Its good to be back :) So we finally made it to California. The day we left, there was 2 feet of snow in Utah. Because of the hideous weather all over the entire U.S we decided to head to Northern Cal by going the WAY long way through So Cal so we wouldnt have to cross the sierra mountains. Can you imagine having to put chains on a huge Uhaul towing our car behind it? ya.. not so fun. So, going the south route we ran into a lot of rain, which in our opinion was way better then hitting snow. Ya.. that route took us 20 hours. We slept in Vegas then woke up the next day and went the rest of the way. Brooke was so good throughout the whole trip. I was worried about that, but I think I knew that we needed her to stay calm cause of the stressful trip. haha. We have been here for about 3 weeks now. We are staying with marks parents until we know where he will be accepted to grad school. Hopefully that will be soon. I need my independence back as soon as possible! But I am grateful they are letting us stay with them so we dont find a place to live in Sacramento then have to pick up a couple months later and go to a different city if he gets accepted somewhere else other then Sac. So im trying to stay positive. It is nice having sunny skies and no snow though I must say!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're in Cali!! Glad the trip went ok. I can't imagine taveling with a baby and all of your stuff!! Hope you guys are adjusting well

    ReplyDelete